Payment Terms and Remittance information
Standard BMS pay terms for every purchase order is 2% discount for payment in 10 days, NET 90 days.
A vendor’s pay term will be displayed on each Purchase Order.
Payment terms are calculated from the following:
- The date the invoice is sent to Bristol-Myers Squibb via the Web (Web-based suppliers).
- The original date of the invoice (paper invoice suppliers).
- Actual delivery date when goods are received at Bristol-Myers Squibb for production suppliers on evaluated receipt settlement.
U. S. Internal Revenue Service requirements: In order to receive payment from Bristol-Myers Squibb, all suppliers MUST provide a valid W-9 form on file for 1099 tax reporting purposes.
Electronic Payment Services
Bristol-Myers Squibb is eliminating the issuance of paper checks and migrating to electronic settlement. The preferred process is for all of our suppliers to be enrolled in the SAP ARIBA network. This service allows you to receive electronic payments from Bristol-Myers Squibb along with an e-mail of the remittance data associated with each payment. Fast, easy, and accurate - it's simply the best way to receive your payments.
For supplies not on the SAP ARIBA network, we want you to change the delivery method for receiving your remittance. If you fill out the details below, we will arrange to communicate all future payment remittances via e-mail (electronically):
- Your company vendor number with Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Your email address for remittance
- Name of contact at your company & Telephone number
Please email these details to email@example.com.
The benefits to you are: -
1) Much faster notification, and in most cases receiving the information before the funds arrive.
2) The elimination of lost remittance in the postal system.
It will be important that you re-send any changes to the e-mail address, to ensure continuity of delivery. This can be done by advising us via the email firstname.lastname@example.org.