Explore Invoicing Methods and Requirements
Through ARIBA Network, we offer a Web-based solution that allows purchase orders, invoices, purchase order credit memos, advanced ship notices, and purchase order acknowledgments to be exchanged between Bristol Myers Squibb and our trading partners. This process reduces invoice discrepancies and billing errors.
- Under no circumstances should invoices be mailed to Bristol Myers Squibb
- Payment terms are based on the purchase order payment terms or the supplier master records
- Supplier must supply banking information so payment method can be established as electronic fund transfer through Ariba.
- Suppliers with access to the Expenditures Inquiry should first review their account history on-line prior to contacting Accounts Payable. Invoice questions/issues should be submitted directly from within the Supplier Expenditures Inquiry account. For additional information, including how to request access, click here.
- On your specific go-live date, all new purchase orders will be sent to you via our Internet portal.
- All purchase orders less than 13 months old that are not fully invoiced will be transferred to the Web for the remaining dollar amount balance.
- Purchase order changes for existing paper purchase orders need to be verbally communicated and/or manually emailed during the transition.
- Invoices for any purchase orders sent to you via our portal, should be sent to Bristol-Myers Squibb via our portal, PAPER INVOICES WILL NOT BE PROCESSED FOR THESE PURCHASE ORDERS.
- Visit http://www.ariba.com/suppliers/ariba-network-for-suppliers
- All departments within your organization involved in the order fulfillment and billing processes need to be aware of this new process. Typically this includes - Sales, Customer Service, Billing, Accounts Receivable, etc.
Electronic Data Interchange Support
- From a customer service perspective, your primary resource for resolving ARIBA issues is to reference the Ariba Network site for Suppliers https://service.ariba.com/Supplier.aw/128422069/aw?awh=r&awssk=ElaGCF52&dard=1.
Web Electronic Data Interchange (Web-EDI)
Bristol-Myers Squibb Invoice Policy Checklist
Accounts Payable no longer accepts invoices through the mail. All US and PR non-Web vendors should email their invoices directly to BMSInvoices.NA@bms.com.
Another invoicing option is Web-based via our partner Ariba. We strongly encourage you to use this alternative. If you are interested in pursuing this solution, please e-mail email@example.com for Web set-up instructions. Any invoicing inquiries should be directed to the Accounts Payable customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Suppliers with access to the Expenditures Inquiry should first review their account history online prior to contacting Accounts Payable. Invoice questions/issues should be submitted directly from within the supplier's Expenditures Inquiry account. For additional information, including how to request access, click http://supplierlink.bms.com/Pages/AccountsPay/Customer_srvc.aspx.
- DO NOT attach a cover sheet to the email.
- DO NOT email statements, acknowledgements, confirmations, or correspondence to the email BMSInvoices.NA@bms.com, as they will be discarded.
- Invoices must contain a valid Bristol-Myers Squibb purchase order number. Invoices will not be processed if the Bristol-Myers Squibb purchase order number is not indicated.
- Invoices must be legible. Please do not email invoices with colored backgrounds and DO NOT SHADE OR HIGHLIGHT invoice information.
- If additional items are added to an invoice, the purchase order must reflect these additions.
- Please note any differences between the purchase order unit of measure and the invoice unit of measure, and explain or provide the conversion factor for each related invoice.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb standard payment terms are 2% discount for payment within 10 days, or net 90. Bristol-Myers Squibb pays based on purchase order terms. If there is a question regarding payment terms, please contact your Bristol-Myers Squibb purchasing agent.
- Please include your company's phone and email address on invoices.
- Please provide a unique invoice number for each separate invoice.
- DO NOT email Bristol-Myers Squibb invoices already paid by our corporate American Express card, or via our Bristol-Myers Squibb recurring payment or Evaluated Receipt Settlement processes.
- DO NOT email Bristol-Myers Squibb invoices if you have already sent us the invoices via Ariba processes.
- Please provide complete "ship to" address on each invoice.
FAILURE TO COMPLY TO THE ABOVE REQUESTS WILL RESULT IN DELAY OF PAYMENT
Invoice Example - Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader