Web Electronic Data Interchange (Web-EDI) via Ariba allows Bristol-Myers Squibb to conduct business with suppliers electronically.
Through the SAP ARIBA Network, we offer a Web-based solution that allows purchase orders, invoices, purchase order credit memos, advanced ship notices, and purchase order acknowledgments to be exchanged between Bristol-Myers Squibb and our trading partners. This process reduces invoice discrepancies and billing errors.
At this time, the SAP ARIBA network (at BMS) only provides payment options within the U.S. and Canada. To become an ARIBA network supplier or to inquire about other payment options please contact our accounts payable team by e-mailing email@example.com.
SAP Ariba technology will provide suppliers with a number of benefits, some of which include:
- Ability to submit invoices electronically.
- Real-time visibility to invoice and payment status.
- Visibility to potential business opportunities with other Ariba Network Buyers.
- Improved collaboration with Bristol-Myers Squibb through the RFI/RFP and contracting process.
Once you have contacted firstname.lastname@example.org, we will send a confirmation e-mail to you within seven to ten business days with your go-live date. You will receive an e-mail with the necessary links to information needed to activate your account. Your prompt completion of the enrollment process will ensure the quickest payment to you possible.
During enrollment you will be asked to verify the information you provided to Bristol-Myers Squibb is accurate. BE SURE THAT THE CONTACT INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE IS THE PERSON THAT SHOULD BE RECEIVING THE E-MAIL REMITTANCE ADVICE FOR YOUR COMPANY.
- Under no circumstances should invoices be mailed to Bristol-Myers Squibb.
- Payment terms are based on the purchase order payment terms or the supplier master records.
- Supplier must supply banking information so payment method can be established as electronic fund transfer through Ariba.
- Suppliers with access to the Expenditures Inquiry should first review their account history on-line prior to contacting Accounts Payable. Invoice questions/issues should be submitted directly from within the Supplier Expenditures Inquiry account. For additional information, including how to request access, click here.
- On your specific go-live date, all new purchase orders will be sent to you via our Internet portal.
- All purchase orders less than 13 months old that are not fully invoiced will be transferred to the Web for the remaining dollar amount balance.
- Purchase order changes for existing paper purchase orders need to be verbally communicated and/or manually emailed during the transition.
- Invoices for any purchase orders sent to you via our portal, should be sent to Bristol-Myers Squibb via our portal, PAPER INVOICES WILL NOT BE PROCESSED FOR THESE PURCHASE ORDERS.
Electronic Data Interchange Support
Again, there are many benefits for you, our supplier, after enrolling in the SAP ARIBA network for payment receipt:
- Increase collections efficiency
- Eliminate mail and processing float
- Full remittance detail delivered via e-mail
- Improve cash, collections planning
- Access to historical payment and remittance data online
- Self-service account maintenance - update your bank account and remittance information online
- Add-on customization and automation services available